Main Article Content
Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) are generally analyzed from the accounting, economic and financial perspective; this paper seeks to contribute to their understanding from the legal perspective. The objectives hereof are, first, to establish the legal nature of Act 1314 of 2009 from the theory of law, taking into account that decrees incorporate into the legal system the International Accounting Standards (IAS) and the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) an approximation to its structure, in addition, to making explicit rules for interpretation applicable in Colombia. The second objective is to analyze in a simple random sample of concepts issued by the Consejo Técnico de la Contaduría Pública (CTCP per its acronym in Spanish-Technical Council of Public Accounts-), during the period 2013-2018, whether the rules of interpretation have been considered, to identify if there are normative gaps, conflict among rules or between rules and principles. The results allowed us to infer that: (a) the grammatical method prevails, (b) there are few cases formulated by absence or normative conflict, and (c) the presence of a principled model is not yet perceived by the structure of queries and concepts.
- Enrique Jorge Agreda Moreno, Cuentas de orden , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 20 No. 31 (2004)
- Enrique Jorge Agreda Moreno, Estados financieros consolidados , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 20 No. 31 (2004)
- Jorge Eduardo Lemos de la Cruz, Enrique Jorge Ágreda Moreno, Presentación v20n31 , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 20 No. 31 (2004)
- Javier Sanclemente Arciniegas, Compliance: norms as an instrument and a threat to the administration , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 35 No. 65 (2019)
- Mario Alberto Rodelo Sehuanes, Wilber Enrique Pérez Torres, Social sciences in accounting. Epistemological approaches from complex thinking , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 39 No. 76 (2023)
- Oscar Iván Vásquez-Rivera, Cultural hybridization in three colombian indigenous productive organizations , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 35 No. 63 (2019)
- Julio Alfonso González-Mendoza, William Rodrigo Avendaño-Castro, Gerson Rueda-Vera, Perceptions of the Colombian business sector regarding its role in the post-conflict , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 35 No. 64 (2019)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.