Main Article Content
.This article aims to characterize financing decision-making processes in SMEs belonging to the cultural and creative sector of the city of Bogota (Colombia), analyzing these processes in the light of the main theories of capital structure documented in the financial literature since the 1950s. To this effect, an empirical analysis methodology focused on behavioral factors is carried out through the application of surveys and interviews to the target population. Then, results are compared with the assumptions of the financial theories. As a result, it was found that, in the case of the cultural and creative SMEs in Bogotá, financing decision-making process is somewhat similar to that stated by the theories of pecking order, business strategy, free cash flow, and behavioral finance; nevertheless, there are differences associated with contextual factors such as needs, preferences, competitiveness, and availability of funding sources. On the other hand, the theories of trade-off, signaling, and static equilibrium differ largely from the results found in this study.
- Julio Alfonso González-Mendoza, William Rodrigo Avendaño-Castro, Gerson Rueda-Vera, Perceptions of the Colombian business sector regarding its role in the post-conflict , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 35 No. 64 (2019)
- Tulio Ferney Silva Castellanos, Fernando Echeverry Valencia, Luis Felipe Bocanegra Henao, Internationalization and open innovation in SMEs from the horticultural sector in Colombia , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 37 No. 71 (2021)
- Sylvia María Villarreal Archila, Karen Sofía Pardo Pérez, The effects of business strategies on the financial performance of the rubber and plastic industries , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 36 No. 67 (2020)
- Angela Yinet Camargo Calderón, Luisa Fernanda Latorre Carrillo, Jennifer Lorena Gómez Contreras, Sustainable entrepreneurship in Colombia: strengths and opportunities , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 36 No. 68 (2020)
- Ledy Gómez-Bayona, Sorely García Gutiérrez, Luis Fernando Montes Gómez, Olga Vélez Bernal, Knowledge management and alliance management capacity: A literature review from June to December 2021 , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 39 No. 75 (2023)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.