The impact of market orientation on the financial performance of MSMES (micro, small and medium enterprises) in Bogotá
Market orientation Small and Medium enterprises Financial performance
Main Article Content
This paper presents a study of the Market Orientation (MO) concept and its relationship with Financial Performance (FP) in Bogotá-based MSMEs. The primary source of information was collected using the MARKOR (Kohli & Jaworski, 1990) scale, adapting it to the SMEs’ context in Bogotá. The findings were processed with a set of simple linear regressions that aimed to evaluate each dimension of Market Orientation’s impact on the MSMEs’ financial performance. Subsequently, each of these dimensions (intelligence generation; intelligence dissemination; response planning; and response implementation) were taken as independent variables. Furthermore, Net Sales and Operating Profit, and their ratio to assets, along with performance managers’ financial perception, were used as dependent variables. Finally, the results revealed that all five tested models were not statistically strong enough to conclude that Financial Performance is directly impacted by the Market Orientation construct, given that the former results did not show an adjusted R value greater than 75 percent.
Vega Rodríguez, R. A., & Rojas Berrio, S. P. (2012). The impact of market orientation on the financial performance of MSMES (micro, small and medium enterprises) in Bogotá. Cuadernos De Administración, 27(46), 131–140. https://doi.org/10.25100/cdea.v27i46.87
Download data is not yet available.
- Joaquim Jose Carvalho Proença, Fernando Jiménez Sáez, Processes and organizational innovation for small businesses , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 34 No. 62 (2018)
- Ramiro Parra Hernández, Beatriz Elena Guzmán Díaz, Edwin Tarapuez Chamorro, Strategy and generation of value in Colombian service-providing companies , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 34 No. 61 (2018)
- Maria G. Morales-González, Jannett Ayup-González, Pilar A. Huerta-Zavala, Sustainability marketing strategies of companies in Mexico , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 38 No. 72 (2022)
- Carlos Alberto Mirón Juárez, Claudia García Hernández, Rafael Octavio Félix Verduzco, Eneida Ochoa Ávila, Characterization and determinants of organizational satisfaction in mexican workers of SMES , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 36 No. 66 (2020)
- Carolina Monsalve-Castro, Manuela Pardo-del-Val, Sonia Dasi-Rodríguez, Marianela Luzardo Briceño, High-performance work system: differences between the perception of employees and the intention of human resources managers in SMEs in Colombia , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 38 No. 72 (2022)
- Raquel Ceballos Molano, Editorial v27n46 , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 27 No. 46 (2011)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.