May Circular Economy make sustainability strategies financially rewarding in Latin America?
Is it possible to solve the tremendous economic-environmental policy challenges imposed on developing countries' industries and governments due to the intense demands by international organizations to restrain the crisis of global warming?
Let us look at some initiatives proposed to address the environmental crisis:
- By means of greenwashing the conventional linear chains of the most polluting industries.
- Through public policies and strict legislation, with exorbitant fines.
- Through extreme citizen education efforts.
- Through innovative technologies.
The answer is none of the above. Even with the technological advancements and the growth of markets, and the governments' ambitious long-term commitments, the likelihood of adherence thereto is almost nil, mainly for developing countries, if something drastic, disruptive and comprehensive is not carried out.
- Circular Economy
- Sustainability strategies
- Latin America
- Economía Circular
- Estrategias de sustentabilidad
- América Latina
Copyright (c) 2021 Array
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.