Main Article Content
This article is based on the interest of presenting research results aimed at approaching the possible sources of market risk that may particularly influence on the yields of shares traded in the General Index of the Colombian Stock Exchange (IGBC, for the term in Spanish), hence, an approach is made at models of multiple factors to characterize these behaviors through the methodology of principal asymptotic components (PAC). In the implementation of the univariate and multivariate models two scenarios are worked; the first related to estimations from a rate free of short-term risk (Reference Bank Index –IBR, for the term in Spanish) and a rate free of long-term risk (TES Julios of 2020), whose results generated lead to the conclusion that the models behave better in short-term scenarios and that the best model for prognosis of return on variable equity in Colombia is still the single-factor model represented by the market risk. This research permitted delving deeper into recognizing the shares market in Colombia and contributes to the construction of databases that serve as information source and input for further research interests, as in the construction of the historical dividends of shares between 2007 and 2012; information the market does not have totally available and which permits evaluating assets in much more adjusted manner.
Carmona Muñoz, D. M., & Criollo Obando, C. P. (2015). Risk Determinants in the Evaluation of Shares in the Colombian Market: Multifactor Comparative Model. Cuadernos De Administración, 31(53), 68–84. https://doi.org/10.25100/cdea.v31i53.18
Download data is not yet available.
- Sylvia María Villarreal Archila, Karen Sofía Pardo Pérez, The effects of business strategies on the financial performance of the rubber and plastic industries , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 36 No. 67 (2020)
- Walther Reina Gutiérrez, Jenny Moscoso Escobar, Carolina Montoya González, Adjustment by size effect on the cost of equity: Pending practice in capital budget in Colombia , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 36 No. 67 (2020)
- María Luisa Saavedra García, Business Sustainability and financial performance , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 38 No. 72 (2022)
- Omar Javier Solano Rodríguez, Technological capacity and knowledge acquisition as key performance factors in SMEs of the industrial sector of Cali-Colombia , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 33 No. 59 (2017)
- Diana Marcela Betancur, Katerine Montoya Castañeda, Juan Fernando Tavera-Mesías, Correlational study of the factors that influence in the recommendation and loyalty of patients of aesthetic medicine Medellín Colombia, 2014 , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 33 No. 58 (2017)
- Ricardo A. Vega Rodríguez, Sandra P Rojas Berrio, The impact of market orientation on the financial performance of MSMES (micro, small and medium enterprises) in Bogotá , Cuadernos de Administración: Vol. 27 No. 46 (2011)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.